Jobs Victoria wage subsidies of up to $20,000 are available for eligible employers who hire eligible jobseekers. Wage subsidies can be used to meet the costs of taking on new employees for the first 12 months of employment. To qualify for the subsidy you must employ someone from at least one of the priority groups outlined below who’s employment status was particularly impacted by COVID-19.
- women aged over 45 years
- jobseekers who are long-term unemployed (unemployed for six months or more)
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria partner
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- young people aged under 25
- people over 45 years
- people previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
You would be required to hire a person from a priority group prior to applying for the fund. If you are eligible you would be able to claim a subsidy for up to 20 FTE employees from the above groups, depending on the size of your business. There are more details on eligibility and applying HERE