The Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association is the national industry association representing manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, importers and retailers of automotive parts and accessories, tools and equipment, as well as providers of vehicle service, repair and modification services in Australia.
The Association and its membership represent:
- Over 4,100 businesses in all categories of the Australian automotive aftermarket
- Major national and multi-national corporations as well as independent small and medium size businesses
- Businesses located in metropolitan, regional and rural Australia
- Employment for more than 40,000 people
- Export of over $1 billion worth of Australian-manufactured product each year
AAAA members manufacture, distribute, fit and maintain motor vehicle components that:
- Maintain or enhance the appearance and performance of vehicles – e.g. accessories, safety, comfort, appearance, entertainment, information, functional performance, body components, tools and equipment, mechanical, lubricants, additives and chemicals.
- Are replaced regularly throughout the life of the vehicle because of normal wear and tear – e.g. oil, filters, tyres, wiper blades, spark plugs, bulbs, batteries and brake pads.
- Last the life of the vehicle or are replaced irregularly during the life of the vehicle, usually as the result of a crash or a major mechanical failure – e.g. seats, instrument panels, engines, and transmission.
There are 10 membership categories based on the number of employees in a company.
Category 1 1 – 5 employees
Category 2 6 – 19 employees
Category 3 20 – 49 employees
Category 4 50 – 99 employees
Category 5 Franchise Stores
Category 6 100 – 499 employees
Category 7 500 – 999 employees
Category 8 1000 or more employees
Category 9 Consultants (non voting)
Category 10 International members (non voting)
- The AAAA plays an important role in the recognition, development and support of the automotive aftermarket industry. The Australian auto aftermarket is a dynamic marketplace. A strong industry association is essential to industry seizing opportunities, meeting threats and growing into the future.
- Membership is available to Australian and overseas based businesses that are in a working relationship with the Australian automotive aftermarket. Members of the AAAA can include companies and consultants who service the automotive aftermarket industry.
- The AAAA welcomes member’s active participation in shaping AAAA policies. Through participation in AAAA representations to Standards Australia, Parliamentary inquiries and responses to draft regulations, members can ensure we remain the authoritative voice of the industry and continue to provide value.
- We welcome your support and participation in the Association that represents your interests and your business. Our strength will always be underpinned by the active participation of members.
Autocare is a game changing event which addresses the very latest developments and global trends in our industry, bringing international ideas for us to consider as we plan for the future. Australia’s automotive industry has never before been offered a Convention of this scope and depth.
Autocare 2023 will be held across June 9-10 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
AUSTRALIAN AUTO AFTERMARKET EXPO
The AAAA holds Australia’s most prestigious biennial automotive aftermarket Trade Show. The Australian Auto Aftermarket Expo is held biennially in Melbourne and provides the automotive aftermarket industry with the opportunity to showcase its products and services to the world. The next Australian Auto Aftermarket Expo is to be held in 2024 at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
COLLISION REPAIR EXPO
Held in conjunction with the Australian Auto Aftermarket Expo is the Collision Repair Expo, the only official Trade Show for the automotive repair industry. This is the largest of its kind in Australia, making this event the pre-eminent Trade Show for the crash repair, automotive repair, service and retail industries. The next Collision Repair Expo is to be held in 2024 at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
Member companies of the AAAA receive a substantial discount on floorspace.
AUSTRALIAN AUTO AFTERMARKET AWARDS
Run biennially in conjunction with the Australian Auto Aftermarket Expo, these awards acknowledge organisations and individuals, within the industry, who set the benchmark for excellence across a wide variety of marketing, manufacturing, product and service award categories. Fostering significant contribution to innovation within the industry is part of the AAAA’s commitment to promoting a sustainable future. Winners of these prestigious awards represent an elite group of organisations and individuals. Entries are invited from organisations and employees of organisations who are AAAA members. For further information please go to www.aftermarketawards.com.au.
AAAA government relations and advocacy supports and grows our industry and we have a track record of successful campaigning and influencing government policy and programs. There is a great deal that can be achieved when we take a unified industry position to government and we are more influential as an industry association than any one company acting alone. Our actions have resulted in industry standards and regulation that supports both road safety and business growth. Our members are good employers and make a significant contribution to the community and the economy and that’s the message we take to government.
AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET MAGAZINE
The Australian Automotive Aftermarket Magazine is the leading industry publication. It is posted free to all members 9 times each year and contains the latest and most important information to the automotive aftermarket industry. For more information regarding AAAA’s magazine, visit www.aftermarket.com.au.
AAAA MEMBER COMMUNICATION
AAAA members receive a weekly e-News or fortnightly e-News, depending on the category of the business. There are also regular updates to AAAA Social Media, links to these can be found at the bottom of this page.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE SHOWS
The AAAA assists member companies exhibiting at international trade shows in places such as Europe, S/E Asia, USA and the Middle East. The AAAA regularly hosts visits of buyers from overseas countries looking to source Australian products. View upcoming international events here.
AAAA MEMBER NETWORKING EVENTS
A combination of informal state member forums and breakfasts are held regularly throughout Australia giving the opportunity for the AAAA and members to exchange information. View upcoming member networking events here.
AAAA MEMBER SERVICES
Members can benefit from a range of different services. These services include dedicated Human Resource and Industrial Relations advice, Trade Practices Hotline for Competition & Consumer Law advice, comprehensive insurance, merchant banking solutions, discounted vehicle registration data rates, foreign exchange service and preferred partner rates on car hire.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
The sub-councils of AAAA are active in advocacy and government influence.
- The Automotive Repairers Council of Australia has been established to open doors to increased automotive knowledge and business expertise, encourage competition and choice in the market and ensure a strong and unified voice to government on behalf of Australia’s independent service and repair workshops.
- The 4WD Industry Council initiates and responds to 4WD regulations and regularly promotes the important role and contribution of this sector to the Australian economy.
- The Performance Racing and Tuning Council initiates and responds to performance regulations and regularly promotes the important role and contribution of this sector to the Australian economy.
- The Automotive Products Manufacturers and Exporters Council has been formed to promote the interests and growth of our automotive component industry both domestically and in our key export markets.